Saturday 16 February 2013

Confinement. (WIP)

I count this to be a mock up of a planned sculpture.


The plan is to make the same thing but far larger and in thick sheet metal. I want it to be 1 by 1 by 1m. The rods going up and coming down will be metal tubing welding on the sheets.
It's about space and confinement. The rods obstruct movement into the cube and our vision creating stillness within it. The space, the air within it is still.
Kind of references confinement in people's lives and the feeling of claustrophobia that we feel due to this. The rods are bearing down on us, they trap us. This can be due to excessive order (which is why I chose to make a cube which is an extremely ordered geometric shape), from external influences. 
The ideas aren't polished yet but... well... I'll see where this takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment